Friday, July 8, 2022

New Revision of my Book Posted to Smashwords

I don't think I've mentioned it before on this blog, but I have a book out on hydroponics, and I have just posted the July 2022 revision and expansion on Smashwords. The title is Start Here for Hydroponics, and that's pretty much the intent. 




If you have a download of my book already, you can go back to Smashwords and download the new revised version, which adds some topics (some from this blog), makes some corrections, and increases the size to 186 pages.

If you do or don't have it, it is free to download, Just choose the pay nothing option at Smashwords. I didn't write it to make money, and neither this blog nor the book is not in any way monetized. I chose Smashwords because they will let me give the book away, which Amazon will not allow. If you choose to pay nothing, I can guarantee it will be worth every penny you pay for it.

If you don't already have a copy, I intended it mostly for beginners. It covers theory and methods, and rather than try to provide pat answers to problems, I try to prepare you to find your way through them, eliminating possible issues one at a time. Too often, pat answers, like declaring a nutrient deficiency from a photo of a leaf, are just wrong. I don't expect universal agreement. I never argue on the Internet for the classic reason involving pigs and mud wrestling. I don't worry when people disagree with something I say. I'm not an authority. Fact check me as you would anyone else. Just because I wrote a book doesn't make me any smarter than anyone else.

I describe most popular methods and basic construction for some methods, but for most, you can go onto the Internet for construction details. I don't know everything. I don't know that anyone does.One thing I don't do is pretend to present a set of instructions that guarantee success. Too much content on the Internet is by people interested mainly in Likes and Subscriptions. And they have found that if they pretend that some plan they put up is easy and has no problems, many people will Like it without trying it. I've seen described projects that are doomed to fail and many that happened to fail to mention the problems that will arise. That's part of why I dislike pat answers from some anonymous poster who happens to have found a web site and want to pretend to  knowledge.

The book is roughly divided into two parts, one with essentials and the latter parts that go deeper and feature some focused articles. A lot of it was driven by questions and answers on the subReddits Hydroponics and Hydro. Like all such things, it is just a resource, and it is up to you to think your way through things. But the more you know, the more you grow.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1112004

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet being what it is, comments are moderated. I will eventually get around to checking comments. Don't hold your breath.