Thursday, November 4, 2021

It's Alive - Again


 It’s been a long time. It’s been rather like the kid who never spoke until at the age of ten, at the dinner table, he said, “This broccoli stinks!” His flabbergasted parents asked why he had never spoken, and he said, “Up to now, everything’s been okay.”

I won’t say everything’s been okay, but it’s not been bad. I moved into hydroponics, and I’ve learned a lot. A lot about hydroponic growing and a lot about what less experienced grower do and don’t know. And it’s time to pass some of it along.

Most posts will be about plants and nutrients and such. Most of it will be fairly in depth and much of it technical, because plants are complex things, and delving into technical matter is the only way to even begin to understand them.

Some smaller number of posts will be commentary on the foibles of humanity and other things that amuse, amaze or distract me. But you’re reasonably safe, because I don’t do politics. In seven decades, I’ve seen it go round and round, and the merry-go-round is dizzy enough without me throwing sticks in those spokes. And not to worry. Like the merry-go-round, if you just stand there in one place, the ride you want will come back around. Other than that, I can’t predict much what those non-hydroponic posts will be. 

 

Since is just a return announcement and isn't too long, it's a good time to talk about my new book, Start Here for Hydroponics. It's available, all 111 pages, for download from Smashwords in all populat ebook formats. 

I chose Smashbooks because there I can let the buyer set the price, all the way down to zero, at which point it becomes worth every penny. I'm not in it to make money, so anything anyone foolishly pays will just go toward more hydroponic equipment and experiments. 

 



 https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1112004

Start Here for Hydroponics is intended to aid anyone with a recent passing or serious interest in hydroponic growing or anyone who is more experienced but seeking different perspectives. The author presumed no prior knowledge but does not stop with simplistic information deigned only to pique your interest. It is, in fact, a rather broad and deep discussion that will provide you with both enough information to choose and develop a growing operation and to understand how to operate it and deal with problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet being what it is, comments are moderated. I will eventually get around to checking comments. Don't hold your breath.